Once the crust is done, we roll it out with flour and put it on a cookie sheet (our pizza stone broke last year). Then we brush it with a mixture of olive oil and minced garlic (4-5 cloves). I thinly sliced the tomatoes (4) and laid them out, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 onion. I didn't add any more veggies, though you definitely could. Then I sprinkled it with pepper, red pepper flake, oregano, basil and garlic salt (can you tell we like garlic in this house?). Bake for 10-12 minutes at 500F.
It turned out pretty good. My crust was a bit doughy because it didn't rise right (I was out of yeast and used beer instead). We both agreed that we didn't really miss the cheese. Normally we pile on the mozzarella, but in general, mozzarella doesn't have a ton of flavor--just mostly salt and fat, which were covered by the olive oil and salt--so it tasted fine without it!
2 comments:
Annie just told me about the share thing today. I'm not sure why I've been in the dark about this(!) but I LOVE the idea, except we plan to do a garden next year...we'll see how that pans out.
Garden... I so wish I could have one! Our yard is so shady I don't think it's possible!!!
Post a Comment