Flour: I've been grinding raw buckwheat and oats in my Blendtec for flour.
Add-ins: I throw in cooked brown rice, almonds, flax seed--and blend it up too. I've even thrown in raw pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds at times. I would recommend blending these so you're not eating a big chunk of seed in your pancake. Unless you like that sort of thing...
Cinnamon, vanilla: because they taste good!
2-3T baking powder
Almond milk: I keep adding until it's the thickness that I desire. I let it set a few minutes, so that the flax or chia can soak up what it will, then add more milk if need be.
Fruit: we usually make blueberry pancakes around here, so those go in last!
I haven't been adding extra sugar at all, because we put maple syrup on anyway, so why bother! :)
1 comment:
I just made and loved the lentil loaf, so I think you should definitely keep posting recipes as you find good ones and have the time!! Hope this Lent is a grace-filled season for you and yours.
Post a Comment